Top Controversial Topics for Research Paper Development
Controversial subject research papers are as delicate as they are interesting. Even though many people like reading on controversial topics, they will judge you harshly if you go overboard without facts to back up your stance. The main challenge that controversial topic researchers face is the tendency to be biased or the fear of presenting arguments inconclusively. Knowing your boundaries and your reader’s expectations will always help you voice a controversial opinion the right way.
Most challenges associated with controversial topics for research paper can be avoided through thorough research and citing of high-integrity sources. The latter is important if you want anyone to take your controversial conclusions seriously.
With this in mind, you can begin looking for your controversial topics. This piece covers an array of impressive topics for various classes of controversial papers. These topics are purposely for guiding all controversial research writers who don’t really know what topic to work with. Since they are just but pointers, you can always edit or extrapolate the topics, mapping them into their controversial alternatives in your immediate society or your field of study.
Some of the places you can look for your controversial topics include:
Everyday news is a great inspiration for coming up with powerful, controversial topics for research papers. After going through different newspapers, television news, news websites, and blogs, below is a number of topics that may interest your controversial research paper writing.
- Should Americans be worried about ISIS/ISIL activity within the United States?
- Will the FIFA scandal have a long-lasting impact on international soccer?
- Will the recent Supreme Court decision about the affordable care act stop politicians from attempting to get the law repealed in the future?
- Is it guaranteed that Hilary Clinton will be nominated to run for president?
- Should the police be allowed to use drones to photograph private property?
- Should court clerks be permitted to deny marriage licenses to same-sex couples?
- Was renewing relationships with Cuba a good idea?
- Do Super PACs have an unfair influence on political campaigns?
- Should phone records collected by the NSA be purged?
- Should students be allowed to opt out of standardized testing?
Personal and Moral Issues
Moral and personal issues attract a huge debate from people regardless of gender and age. Such issues are resourceful in developing controversial topics for research papers. Here are examples of some moral and personal issues you could venture into.
- Are stricter parents better parents?
- Should the biological father be allowed to stop the mother from obtaining an abortion?
- Should parents be required to have a college degree before they are first allowed to homeschool their own children?
- Is free ranging parenting a good idea, or simply neglectful?
- Do adopted children have the right to contact their birth parents?
- Is it immoral to higher an illegal immigrant?
- Should parents allow their children to use Facebook before they turn 13?
- Is it immoral to teach children about climate change and evolution?
- Is it proper for couples to live together before marriage?
- Should children be forced to attend church against their will?
Writing a quality research paper is naturally involving. Coming up with a suitable topic for the research paper is equally hectic. When writing on a controversial topic, it is always a good practice to keep personal information and stories out of the discussion. Ideas that do not have enough backing available should also be ignored collectively. Narrow scope topics, on the other hand, limit the discussion and information you can deliver in your paper. Since too wide a topic will also be overwhelming, your goal ought to be striking a balance between the two.
Some controversial topics for a research paper that are too explicit should always be avoided because they may trigger unnecessary tension and misunderstandings. It is beneficial to find out the target audience before settling on a controversial research topic. Some topic may end up offending the readers instead of educating and entertaining them.
Controversial topics are sensitive, for this reason, the research argument should concurrently be supported by reasonable, valid and accurate data. The paper should equally accommodate contrary views and opinions. The topic chosen for a controversial research paper should primarily show that the writer had the reader’s interest at heart. This can only be achieved by creatively addressing all the common concerns.
Whether you have already settled on a topic or not, our team of professional writes is available to help with all of your research paper needs. Just contact us, tell us what you need to be done, relax and wait for stunning results!